Poul-Fetan (the washhouse by the fountain in Breton) lies at the top of a steep-sided valley overlooking the Blavet valley in the south of Brittany.
|16th to 19th century||In the 16th century the village was occupied by tenant farmers, and grew considerably in the next hundred years. The landowners settled there in the 18th century. In about 1850, five landowning families and two tenant families (some 50 people) lived on the site and farmed the 39 hectares of land.|
||The last owner sold the overgrown ruins of her property. The SBAFER (the Breton society for the development of rural farms) bought the village.
||The hamlet of Poul-Fetan (a few ruins and 9.5 hectares of land) was purchased by the municipality of Quistinic on the initiative of its mayor Guy Corlay.
|Volunteers and craftspeople joined forces to work on an ambitious project: restore the buildings and the surrounding land.
||Local officials and volunteers formed an organisation to lead an economic project. The Poul-Fetan Association managed and ran this living museum until 2001.
||SAGEMOR, now the Compagnie des Ports du Morbihan, took over from the association and managed the site as an official local public company. It takes an active part in promoting this regional site, pays the staff, finances new exhibitions and activities, markets the various cultural events and collects the admission fees. The municipality of Quistinic works on the buildings (restoration, electricity, roofing, etc.) and provides a natural workshop and heritage to manage the farm and the site maintenance. The municipality of Quistinic and the Compagnie des Ports du Morbihan have signed a public service delegation agreement.
||Poul-Fetan celebrates its 30th anniversary!
Since its creation and opening in 1985, the site has gained in popularity thanks to the authenticity of its culture and architecture.